If a tornado warning is issued, all students and staff should follow directions given over the public address system and/ or follow directions given by Emergency Response Team members. All Emergency Response Team members wear bright yellow jackets.
Do become familiar with designated storm shelter areas. These are identified in blue on all Campus Maps.
Up-to-date closing information is available from the following sources:
- Emergency Notification System
In the event of any on-campus emergency a voice or SMS (text message) will be sent. All MCC Students, Faculty and Staff are encouraged to sign-up for this notification.
- Log into WebAdvisor
- Select the link for ***Emergency Contact Info*** under the "User Account" Heading
- Complete the form to receive notifications through home phone, SMS (Text Messaging), Mobile Phone, or other phone.
- Users are responsible for all charges made by service providers for receiving messages or calls from this system.
This system will be tested at least once per semester.
Students will be notified through their MCC Webmail address of specific
class cancellation, site-specific
closings, or college-wide
- Call (810) 232-8989 for a recorded message announcing a school closing.
- Area radio and television
stations will be alerted whenever a decision is made to close the school.
Newsstand for links to local television outlets.
! Please do not call the
Department of Public Safety with questions about school closings.
This will help keep the dispatchers' lines available to handle emergency conditions and notifications that are required during an unsafe weather condition.
If MCC is CLOSED:
This will be reported on all above noted sources.
If MCC remains OPEN: No public announcements are made and all scheduled classes are expected to meet as planned.