do I take these tests?
Begin testing after you submit an application
to MCC. If you are still in high school, you may want to take
the test when you are close to the end of your last semester.
How long does it take to complete these tests?
What do I need to bring to the testing?
Placement testing is not timed.
Testing usually takes 1½ to 2 hours to complete. No appointment
needed (at the main campus).
Bring your current photo ID (i.e., driver's
license, State ID, passport, high school ID…).
Where is testing offered?
Any other Important Information?
MCC’s main campus (Prahl College Center PCC2010)
Northern Tier Center (Clio) Call
(810) 232-8044 for available times.
Southern Lakes Branch Center (Fenton)
Call (810) 762-5000 for available times.
Lapeer Extension Center Call
(810) 667-4166 for available times.
Disability accommodations are available.
Call Disability Services at (810) 762-0399 prior to testing.
A Test Administrator is present to resolve any problems.
You may be exempt from portions of the placement test
Your test results and other information which you provide are used by MCC
for counseling and placement recommendation purposes. If your data is used
for research purposes, your identity is kept confidential.
- You have successfully completed college level classes
in writing, math and/or reading (provide unofficial college transcripts).
- You have scored 20 or higher on the ACT in English and Reading; 22 or higher in Math (bring a copy of your results)
- You hold an accredited 2 or 4 year degree. Bring documentation with you.
- You are a Guest or Non-Degree Student
- You are a re-entering MCC Student who completed prior
testing, taken less than one year ago.