Applying for Student Visa


Academic and Transcript Requirements
  • Submit a completed and signed Mott Community College student application to the Admissions Office. Please provide the address you will reside when in the United States. Print a MCC Application (pdf)
  • Submit a transcript in English, along with an original, which shows satisfactory completion of high school or its equivalent to the Admissions Office.
  • Submit a transcript in English, along with an original, from each college or university you have attended. To translate credits from a Foreign Educational system to the American Educational System you may use a “Foreign Credentials Evaluation Organization” service.
  • Submit a written explanation of why you are interested in studying at Mott Community College.

Financial Requirements

  • Submit a financial statement on bank letterhead that indicates you have an account, in your name (can be a joint account), with a minimum balance of at least $15,610.00. Make sure the statement is printed in English with the balance converted into U.S. dollars.
  • Submit a completed, signed, and notarized “Affidavit of Support” • (BCIS form I-134) from someone who is willing to provide assistance with your expenses, if needed, while attending college in the United States. You may print a “Affidavit of Support” from the U.S. Government website ""
  • Submit a certified check, made payable to “Mott Community College”, for $6,111.00 in U.S. dollars. This money will be placed in the student’s MCC account to meet estimated tuition costs for the first academic year at MCC. If for any reason the student is not approved for a student visa to attend MCC, the money will be refunded to the student based on the colleges refund policy guidelines.

    NOTE:The person providing support must also submit a letter from their employer detailing the dates and nature of employment, salary paid, and whether the position is temporary or permanent. If self employed, they must provide a copy of their last income tax forms filed.

English Proficiency Requirements

Health Insurance Requirements

  • Provide proof that you have obtained Health Insurance that is available for you while you are in the United States on your Student Visa. Mott Community College does not provide health insurance and does not endorse or promote any specific health insurance provider or company.