Mott Community College’s Counseling and Student Development Division (CASD) provides students with a road map to college success right from the start.
Students who are General Study degree majors or are Undecided about their major program or career plans should see a counselor for educational support in the Counseling Center. Our Licensed Professional Counselors are also trained to provide assistance with confidential personal issues which interfere with your college studies.
Pre-admission counseling and advising is available. Meet our counselors or advisors and learn about MCC programs that fit your career and educational goals. Your next step is to apply to MCC.
Students who will need financial aid should apply as soon as possible. After you receive your acceptance to MCC you will complete the following steps:
- schedule an Orientation session
- attend your Placement Testing or provide your ACT scores
- meet with a counselor or advisor – to discuss your classes and register.
Counselors and Advisors are available to students throughout their studies at MCC.
- Decide upon your Major, and discuss course selections
- Receive career planning and/or a referral to the Career Resource Center
- Take a credit bearing small group counseling class.
- Get help finding a job on or off campus in the Student Employment Center
- Prepare to transfer to a four year college
- Change your program or major
- Plan to withdraw from college
- Receive assistance with classroom difficulties, personal or health concerns
- Prepare for Graduation
- View upcoming dates for Counseling & Career Workshops pdf
- View upcoming dates for Single-Parents Keeping it Together (S.K.I.T.) Support Group.
|A student with a Grade Point Average (GPA) below 2.0 must meet with a counselor or advisor prior to registering for the next semester.|
Southern Lakes Branch Center - Fenton, the Lapeer Extension Center and the Northern Tier Center - Clio have orientation, academic advising and placement testing available on a rotating schedule. For more information, call the satellite campus at the number listed below:
Southern Lakes Branch Center - Fenton (810) 762-5000
Lapeer Extension Center (810) 667-4166
Northern Tier Center - Clio (810) 232-8044
|MCC is an official ACT test site. To register pick up a paper application in our office or visit the ACT website.|