Begin your planning by following the link through the button below and complete the
provided questionnaire. If you have questions about the process please contact the
Events Supervisor at (810) 762-5906
The Supervisor of Auxiliary Services will determine if the request falls within the
eligibility requirements listed in the Board of Trustees approved policy regarding
use of college facilities and services. If your request is approved a Facilities
Use Form will be completed with the information provided and sent to you via email.
The Facilities Use Form will need to be reviewed, signed, dated and returned with
a Certificate of Liability current for the date of the event.
Facilities Request Form for External Organizations
Considerations as you begin to plan your event
- An insurance certificate documenting coverage in the amount of one million dollars, as appropriate is required for all outside organizations.
- Once approved, the event is placed on the
College Calendar of Events
- Check the Bear Bistro Catering menu PDF document and plan your event's food service needs. At least one week prior to your event please
contact the Coordinator of Auxiliary Services (810) 232-9636 to finalize your order.
- Parking Signs and Directions
A new service is being offered to provide temporary, portable signage to direct
guest to parking and your event venue.Begin your signage order at least 6 (six) business
days prior to your event. See Sign guidelines. There are some generic parking signs available at no cost. Contact the Coordinator
of Auxiliary Services (810) 232-9636 to place your order.
- Meetings will be set up with the Supervisor of Auxiliary Services, the Events Set
Up Assistant, and the Coordinator of Auxiliary Services, if necessary, as follows:
one (1) initial meeting, a meeting two (2) weeks before, and one (1) week before the
event. Any last minute changes in set-up may incur extra charges.
Warning - Emergency Warning - Emergency Cancellation Policy:
48-hour cancellation notice is required for all events. Less than a 48-hour notice will incur similar costs as if the event had occurred
(i.e. set-up time, equipment, food).