Learn to Build a Factory Five in 3 Days!
This workshop is held at Livingston Center in Howell, MI, a high tech facility dedicated to the engineering and design of automobile application. It is run by Mott Community College (MCC), named after automotive pioneer C.S. Mott, whose main campus is located in Flint, Michigan, the heart of America's automotive history.
This workshop is ideal for those who have always wanted to build a Mark IV Roadster or '33 Hotrod of their own, or want to learn more about state-of-the-art performance car design, engineering and assembly.
Our team of industry professionals includes Automotive Technology Instructors, experienced mechanics, and hard-core racing enthusiasts.
Enroll now in our three day replica car building workshop and participate in the assembly of a Mark IV Roadster or '33 Hotrod kit from bare frame to finished car.
- Learn how to organize and manage the process of constructing a replica kit car by actually assembling a car!
- Learn about the following automotive concepts and theories:
- steering and suspension systems
- actual chassis wiring layout including vehicle instrumentation and lighting
- brake systems selection and layout
- engine and drivetrain selection
- safe shop practices
Class size is limited to ensure personal instruction.
Due to liability issues, participants will not be allowed to operate or ride in the vehicle. Instructors will demonstrate the success of the project.