Sources of Aid


There are four main types of student financial aid:

Requires a FAFSA application. Grants are need based and given without repayment requirements.
Work Study
Requires a FAFSA application. This program allows students to earn money to pay for their college education. These positions are not guaranteed.
Are given without repayment requirements but may have many factors involved in meeting requirements, often need and academic levels. There is a separate application required. A number of scholarships may require that a student has completed a FAFSA.
Requires a FAFSA application. Funds are available to both students and their parents. All loans must be repaid with interest. Repayment begins when you are no longer attending college at a part-time credit level or graduation.

Financial Aid (Title IV funding: Pell Grant, Direct Loans, etc) will pay for any Associates, Certificate, or Transferable program. It does not, however, pay for Credit by Exam, Undecided or Alternative Programs. Please view the Programs that are NOT covered by Title IV funding here.

Be sure to explore other sources of financial aid including external scholarship opportunities, military and veteran benefits and American Indian tuition waivers.

Remember: There are many steps to determine eligibility for financial aid. Also, after qualifying, a student must make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to maintain eligibility for most all financial aid programs.


Financial Aid
Prahl College Center
(Lower Level)

Contact Us:
Phone: (810) 762-0144
Toll Free: 1-800-852-8614
Fax: (810) 762-5671