Work study is federally funded, part-time, on campus employment for students with financial need allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses.
Employment opportunities for students awarded work study are available by contacting the Student Employment Center at (810) 232-3285. An orientation is required and all employment documentation must be completed to be eligible to work on campus.
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of six (6) credit hours for Fall/Winter semesters and/or three (3) credit hours for Spring/Summer semesters and regularly attending classes at MCC.
- May work up to their awarded eligibility but not more than 19 hours per week.
- Must be referred to all positions by contacting the Student Employment Center office. Positions are limited and given to eligible students on a first come, first served basis.
- Dropping below half-time enrollment must stop working immediately.
- Cannot be scheduled to work during the time of their scheduled classes.
- Are expected to report to their work site at the assigned time.
- Are expected to contact the supervisor if they want to quit working or are unable to report to work at their assigned time.
Work Study awards are based on remaining unmet need after grant sources have been determined. Students are able to work up to 19 hours per week.
Work study awards may reduce or eliminate a student's need for a loan under the Federal Direct Loan Program.