Additionally, each year MCC hosts and/or participates in events and programs that promote environmental awareness. MCC employees and students volunteer for projects/initiatives that support both campus and community clean-up and conservation efforts.
GRiT is always welcoming new members and new ideas. Join us on the third Tuesday of the month at 2:00pm - 3:00pm in the Faculty and Staff lounge in CM1129.
River Clean up with the MCC Environmental Club
Recycled Cardboard Bench made by MCC Student Shawn Kingsland (pictured).
GRIT at the Fall 2015 Student Rally
GRIT at the Fall 2013 Student Rally
- A white paper was submitted for the National Wildlife Federations Campus Ecology program which Mott Community College is a participating member. It was submitted for the GRiT teams "This is Litter Too" campaign which kicked off in Summer semester. GRiT members spent a lunch hour picking up tobacco debris and educating students on the health and environmental effects of smoking. Read the full report at nwf.org/campuscasestudies.
- Earth Day Celebration - earthday.mcc.edu
- MCC Environmental Club - environmentalclub.mcc.edu
- Flint River Watershed Coalition
- Genesee County Parks and Recreation
- Nepessing Group of the Sierra Club (Local Chapter)
- Southern Lakes Parks & Recreation
- Keep Genesee County Beautiful
- Cornell Labs News
- Climate Crossroads
- DEQ Calendar
- Genesee County Regional Trail Plan
- e-Waste Recycling - michigan.poweron.com
- Earth Share
- Effect of Plastic Bags on the Environment
- Environmental Groups, Gardening and other related Green Information and links
- Go Green at Home! For Kids & Adults
- Michigan Environmental Council
- Michigan Nature Association
- NBC Learn - Changing Planet
- National Wildlife Federation – Campus Ecology
- Report Diseased Wildlife
- Saving Water.org
- Union of Concerned Scientists - Citizens and Scientists for Environmental Solutions
- Windows to the Universe