The Honors Program rewards academic achievement with a financial scholarship and special recognition such as the Honors Program Diploma and Honors Medallion at graduation. Honors Program students are offered opportunities for academic and cultural enrichment.
Honors Program Scholarship
- Once you have been accepted into the Honors Program, you are then eligible for the Honors Program Partial Tuition Scholarship if you are enrolled in honors courses. Due to limited funding, scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Purely an academic merit scholarship; does not require proof of financial need. See the Honors Program Coordinator for restrictions and current award amounts.
- Graduates receive special Honors Medallion and Honors Program
Diploma in addition to Associate Degree.
- Seated in front row at Commencement
- Special Honors Program Graduation Dinner and Medallion Ceremony
- Honors classes noted on transcripts
Flexible and Enhanced Curriculum:
- MHA Fall Conference
- Exclusive Honors Retreat prior to Fall & Winter Semesters
Some locations have included:
- High-ropes leadership and team-building course at Regional Technology Center
- Presidential Conference Center
- Honors Portfolio gives you the edge
- Many MCC Honors Program grads earn transfer scholarships
- Exclusive Honors Transfer Alliance Agreement with UM-Flint and Ferris State University at Big Rapids campus
Unique Honors Transfer Alliance with
(Sierra Fox and Carolyn Scott - 2003 recipients)
How do I apply for the MCC Honors Program?
You also need to:
- Write a 500 word (2 page) essay
- Topic: How a college education will help you achieve your
personal, educational and career goals.
- Interview with Honors Program coordinator
(call 810-762-0360 for appointment)
PHI THETA KAPPA
- Students are sent an invitation to join after 12 credits completed
at MCC + 3.5 cumulative GPA
- PTK is an international honors society for two-year colleges
- MCC has Alpha Omicron Iota Chapter
- Exclusive PTK scholarship opportunities to many transfer institutions
- Extra-curricular activities
- Opportunities to attend district, regional, and national conventions
- Visit www.ptk.org
for more information
- Brenda Zicha, Advisor, MCC chapter
Phone # 232-8021
Graduation with Honors Designations
- Honors Designations are noted on transcripts and commencement
- Students graduating with a 3.0-4.0 GPA will receive the following
- 3.0 graduation with honors (white cords)
- 3.5 graduation with high honors (silver cords)
- 4.0 graduation with highest honors (gold cords)
of recognition is sent to any student with a 3.5 GPA in a given semester.
(not noted on transcript). This does not indicate eligibility for
the Honors Program
View the Dean's List.
more information on the MCC Honors Program
Contact the Honors Program Coordinator – Brian Ivory
Visit the other pages of our website for: