MCC Honors College
The Honors College rewards academic achievement with a partial-tuition scholarship and special recognition such as the Honors College Diploma and Medallion at graduation. Honors College students are also offered opportunities for academic, social and cultural enrichment.
Honors College Partial-Tuition Scholarship
Once you have been accepted into the Honors College, you are then eligible for the Honors College Partial Tuition Scholarship if you are enrolled in honors courses. This is an academic merit scholarship that does not require proof of financial need. Due to limited funding, however, scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. See the Honors College Coordinator for restrictions and current award amounts.
- Graduates receive special Honors Medallion and Honors College Diploma and Medallion in addition to Associate Degree
- Special Honors College Graduation Dinner and Medallion Ceremony
- Honors Diploma and HP classes noted on MCC academic transcripts
- Many MCC Honors College grads earn transfer scholarships
- Exclusive Honors Transfer Alliance Agreement with UM-Flint and Ferris State University at Big Rapids campus
Honors College Conferences and Retreats
- MHA Michigan Honors Association Fall Conference
- Exclusive Honors Retreats for Fall & Winter Semesters Locations have included:
- Fall: Welcome Back HP Retreat in the Events Center Presidential Conference Center
- Winter: Leadership and Team-building Retreat at Regional Technology Center
A Flexible and Enhanced Curriculum:
- Exclusive Honors Colloquium course - HONS 250: Social Diversity and Civic Engagement
- Honors designated sections of regular courses- Many meet general education requirements
- Enriched learning experience with a cohort of other high-achieving students
- Personal Honors College advising advisor in addition to advisor in academic area
Honors College Awards and Ceremony
The annual Honors College and Graduation Dinner and Medallion Ceremony is held the last Friday of Winter semester. Honors College graduates, current honors students, families and friends are invited to participate.