Follow these steps to apply to the MCC Honors Program:
- Verify your eligibility
All students must be admitted to Mott Community College and meet the stated requirements
for their level of entry (current student, college transfer student, new student,
or dually-enrolled high school student).
- Complete an application
- Download and mail to Honors Program Coordinator, ML2011
- Send two letters of recommendation by faculty members directly to:
- Dr. Brian T. Ivory
Honors Program Coordinator
Mott Community College
1401 East Court Street- CM1006 Flint, MI 48503
- Or have faculty send attachment with email directly to Brian.Ivory@mcc.edu
Please note: College applicants must have college faculty letters.
High school applicants may submit letters from high school teachers or counselors.
- Write a 500-word essay (2 pages, typed) on the following topic:How a college education will help you achieve your personal, educational, and career
goals. You may mail the essay or bring to your interview.
- Make an interview appointment with the Honors Program Coordinator.
- Call the Honors Office(810) 762-0360
- Or email Brian.Ivory@mcc.edu
- Notice of Acceptance: The Honors Program Coordinator will inform applicants in person and/or in writing
of their acceptance into the program. In some cases, a decision regarding acceptance
may be delayed pending consultation with the Honors Program Steering Committee.
- Obtain Honors Program Coordinator Signature: Once you have been accepted into the Honors Program, you must have the signature
of the Honors Program Coordinator to enroll in honors sections and to apply for the Honors Program Scholarship. New students will also be required to sign an Honors Program Contract and a Photo
Waiver & Release form.