Use your laptop across campus! Configure your own laptop for wireless on MCC's campus and in just a few minutes you are ready to access your email, Blackboard and other Internet functions.
MCC Main Campus and Satellites
Wireless is available throughout the MCC main campus and at our satellite locations. Remember that distance from the router and differences in laptop computers and other devices determine your signal strength.
If you are having difficulty using MCC's wireless network contact the Help Desk 1208 Curtice-Mott Complex or call (810) 767-4357.
How to connect to MCC wireless network.
- To configure your connection to eduroam:
- Connect to the “SetupMottWireless” network and open a web browser.
- If you are not automatically redirected to the setup site, open the following link: wifi.mcc.edu. *Note: You may have to make this connection with your data plan.
- If prompted for a code, enter “64981”.
- If prompted for a domain, enter “mcc.edu”.
Use your full @mcc.edu email address and password to connect.
- Known Android device issues
If this happens, open up a NEW Chrome window and try again
- Connecting to Gmail App - You may receive a message "unable to connect to gmail server,
try again" you will need to add and install the following certificate
You may get a message that this network may be monitored" - it is not being monitored. It is because it is a non-stock certificate.
Download the Certificate
What is eduroam?
eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop. Currently, eduroam is available in 54 countries and at over 5500 locations worldwide!