MINIMUM requirements that must be met to be CONSIDERED for the Attendance Cost Grant (ACG):
- You must be an ACTIVE member of the Special Populations (SP) Program. If you are not already a member, you can download the application for the Special Populations Program here.
- You must have applied for financial aid and have received an answer. To apply for Pell you must complete and submit the
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This can be done online at fafsa.ed.gov.
- You must have a minimum 2.0 G.P.A. (Higher if it is required by your program of study).
- You can not receive ACG for classes that are retakes or that are not required for your program of study.
- You can not receive ACG for any developmental classes (Any class numbered lower than 100, i.e. Math021 or Engl 098).
- The Attendance Cost Grant (ACG) may be received more than one semester in an academic year as long as funds permit, eligibility criteria, income guidelines are met, and the student makes satisfactory academic progress in accordance with Mott Community College policies.
- Being approved for the ACG in one semester does not guarantee an award in future semesters. Awarded amounts will not be carried over to future semesters.
- In determining eligibility, your previous academic record will be reviewed.
- Students who have earned a marketable degree are not eligible for the ACG (Some exceptions may be made).
- ACG is based on the availability of funds. In accordance with federal guidelines, those with the greatest need, as determined by the Special Population program director, will be given priority for the ACG.
- NO CASH IS AWARDED: the ACG will be for the exact amount approved. The student's accounts will be credited
**Applying for the Attendance Cost Grant does not remove the responsibility of paying for classes from the student. Applying for the ACG does not mean that your classes will not be dropped for non-payment. Approval of the scholarship can not be guaranteed. All applicants must secure a primary form of payment for tuition, such as a payment plan.