TRiO-SSS is a federally funded program designed to support and encourage those eligible students heading toward transfer to a four year institution. MCC's TRiO-SSS program serves the interests of 200 students each year.
Qualifying students are academically disadvantaged and:
- Demonstrate a commitment/ability to transfer and obtain a bachelors degree (within a 6 year maximum time frame) and
- Meet income guidelines and/or
- First Generation (i.e., neither of your parents graduated from a college or university with a bachelor degree or higher) and/or
- Have a documented disability
The final determination of membership is made by the Director of the Learning Center.
First Time Freshman status is preferred.
First year participants are accepted on a probationary * status.
* We reserve the right to dismiss a student from the program due to poor grades or any other violations of the TRiO-SSS participation agreement.
The following FREE services are available to qualified students:
- Laptop Loan Program
- Professional Tutoring
- Assistance finding the right college resources
- University visits
- Disability Services
- Transfer-related service and support
- Financial assistance including the TRiO-SSS Grant •
- A variety of Academic Support Workshops
- Cultural Enrichment Activities (Out-of-state/local field trips, museums, plays, etc.)
- Awards and recognition
- Student success publications
• Some additional qualifications do apply.