Mott Library Mission
The Mott Library provides access to reliable information and expert services that support student and lifelong learning in a welcoming environment.
- Information Access
- We provide information and services that support MCC programs and courses.
- We support learning and the pursuit of knowledge.
- We guide users in developing effective search strategies.
- We provide online tools that help users discover and manage information resources.
- We acquire, organize, and provide access to special collections reflecting our unique community.
- We promote library services and resources using a variety of communication tools.
- We develop library collections with faculty input.
- We collaborate with faculty to provide in-person library instruction and to create online library guides that help students find appropriate library resources for their course assignments.
- We collect and utilize feedback from our college community to improve services.
- We design library services that meet the needs of our users.
- We nurture relationships with other educational and cultural institutions through resource sharing and event planning.
- We support the reading faculty by providing motivating book talks to students in a class setting or on an individual basis.
- We encourage reading outside the curriculum.
- We participate in countywide efforts to improve literacy.
- We teach information literacy concepts to groups or individuals by helping students think critically about what information is needed and how to evaluate what they find.
- We raise awareness about copyright and fair use policies.
- Patron Rights
- We uphold user confidentiality and privacy.
- We respect individual needs and diversity
- Physical Environment & Virtual Spaces
- We provide a safe environment for learning, research, and relaxation.
- We offer a variety of study spaces, furniture, and equipment to support group and individual study.
- We invite the college community to explore ideas in flexible, collaborative learning spaces outside the classroom.
- We provide convenient online library assistance by chat, text, or email.