A guide to finding information and conducting research in the Mott College Library.
Contact a librarian if you need assistance.
Books: Looking for a book by title or author, or need books on a particular subject or topic?
- Use the Library Catalog to locate books owned by Mott Library. If you want to also search the Baker and Kettering libraries, use the drop down menu next to “library:” and choose “ALL”. Current MCC students may have Baker and Kettering books sent to MCC by choosing the “Place Hold” link and entering the 14 digit barcode number on their MCC ID card. Students may visit Baker or Kettering campuses and check out the books with their MCC ID card and a photo ID if the books are needed right away.
- E-books on many topics are available 24/7 using the Library's Online Resources. Check out the "eBook Community College Collection" for relevant titles.
- LibGuides provides research tips, subject guides and useful resources compiled by the Mott librarians.
Magazine and Journal Articles: The Mott Library offers many online databases that contain articles from a wide variety of magazines, journals and newspapers. For a more complete overview of the Mott Library’s “Online Resources”, check out the Online Resources LibGuide.
Go to the Mott Library’s Online Resources page. Below are descriptions of just a few of the available databases. Note: Currently enrolled students will be prompted to enter the 14 digit number above the barcode on their MCC ID cards when accessing the databases from off-campus.
- Academic Search Complete is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals.
- Gale Powersearch features innovative cross-searching capabilities. You can access all the Gale Cengage content in our library's collection by exploring one, several or all available databases simultaneously. General Reference Center Gold, Expanded Academic ASAP, and the Academic OneFile are just a few our popular databases.
- CINAHL (Cumlative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature) database provides coverage of nursing, dental, occupational therapy, physical therapy, respiratory therapy and other allied health fields literature back to 1937. Includes evidence-based care sheets and quick lessons for diseases and treatment options.
- CQ Researcher is the choice of researchers seeking original, comprehensive reporting and analysis on issues in the news. You will see in-depth, unbiased coverage of political and social issues, with regular reports on a wide range of topics. Each report is a unique work, investigated and written by a seasoned journalist, professionally fact-checked, and footnoted to facilitate further research.
- Ebook Community College Collection is an electronic book collection for community colleges with unlimited access to more than 48,000 multidisciplinary titles, covering topics across programs and fields of study in key subject areas such as the Humanities and Social Sciences, Business, Science & Technology, and Literary Criticism.
- JSTOR is an online database that helps scholars, researchers, and students discover, use, and build upon a wide range of content in a trusted digital archive of over one thousand academic journals and other scholarly content.
- PsycArticles database contains over 143,000 full-text articles from 78 different journals published by the American Psychological Association.