Any sexual act directed against another person, without the consent of the victim, including instances where the victim is incapable of giving consent.
- Call Public Safety immediately (810) 762-5666 or (810) 762-0222, or use the Emergency Call Boxes. Off-campus call 911.
- Do not change clothes, douche or clean up
- Do not throw anything away
- Bring a clean change of clothes with you, if possible
In the case of a Sexual Assault
If you or someone you know is a victim of a sexual assault or violent crime, please
report this incident to Public Safety at (810) 762-5666 or (810) 762-0222, or call 911 if off campus. Police Officers are trained to see that the victim receives the medical,
emotional, and psychological support needed, in a confidential manner.
Information most needed by the police
- It is important to remember as much as possible about the suspect, including:
- Race of suspect
- Approximate height and weight
- Color and style of hair
- Color of eyes
- Marks, scars, tattoos, rings, anything unusual
- Belongings the suspect may have left at scene
- Vehicle make, model, year, color, license plate
Domestic Violence; A felony or misdemeanor crime of violence committed by;
- A current or former spouse or intimate partner of the victim;
- By a person with whom the victim shares a child in common;
- By a person who is cohabitating with, or has cohabitated with, the victim as a spouse or intimate partner;
- By any other person against an adult or youth victim who is protected from the person’s acts under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred.
Stalking - Engaging in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to;
- Fear for the person’s safety or the safety of others; or
- Suffer substantial emotional distress.