Congratulations on one of the most memorable moments in your life!
Given the time and hard work that you have put in to completing your degree, your
graduation is a great accomplishment!
Getting Ready to Graduate?
Here’s what you need to know:
Before you register for your last semester of classes, visit an academic counselor to verify any remaining courses, make sure you are on
track to graduate, and make sure you have the correct program code on your record.
After registration, return to your advisor and perform an official degree audit which verifies for the
college that, assuming satisfactory completion of all classes, you are eligible to
Within the first few weeks of the semester when all required courses will be completed, submit an Application to Graduate PDF document (deadline is March 18 for all students, including those finishing classes in the
Summer or Fall semesters), at the Records Office in PCCLL. Please include all documentation received during your official degree audit from
Are you an Honor’s student? Check out the annual Honor’s Graduation Dinner and Medallion Ceremony
Once your application is accepted, look for a letter in the mail that details the upcoming Commencement Ceremony.
Buy your cap and gown at the Prahl College Center, pick up your commencement tickets, and celebrate!
and participate in events and activities designed exclusively for MCC Alums!
Transcript and Diploma
Once final grades are submitted and all financial obligations to the college are met,
your degree/certificate will be posted to your transcript and diplomas will be mailed
to the address included on the application. Allow approximately 6 weeks.
Now you know everything you need to know to graduate, but are you prepared for what
Are you transferring to a four-year college or university to continue your education?
Are you ready to enter the workforce? Or both?
If you plan to transfer:
- Visit with a transfer advisor in the Counseling and Student Development Office to learn more about the transfer process
- Consider transferring to one of the four-year schools in the University Center right here on MCC’s campus!
- Attend a Transfer Advisement Day to talk with representatives from other colleges
- Apply at your chosen school and request an official MCC transcript PDF document
If you plan to enter the workforce:
- Visit the Career Resource Center to discuss your career path, salary expectations, job opportunities, and more
- Create your resume and cover letter-the Career Resource Center has resume building software
and templates available for MCC students
- Check out the Job Seeker tools in the Student Employment Center including interview Do’s and Don’ts
- Attend an employability workshop for tips on how to find jobs and enter the workforce
- Request an official MCC transcript PDF document and start applying!
Mott Community College holds one graduation ceremony per year. If you graduated during
the previous Spring/Summer/Fall semester, or are scheduled to graduate at the end
of the current Winter semester, or are scheduled to complete at the end of the upcoming
Spring/Summer semester, you are invited to take part in the ceremony.
Commencement is an opportunity for MCC to pay special tribute to its graduates for
the outstanding efforts they have shown in earning their degree or certificate.
The Graduation Application must be submitted by March 18 in order to participate in commencement and have your name included in the brochure.
View detailed information on Commencement Ceremony
For more Information
- For questions regarding degree application or diploma, contact Michele Traver at (810)
232-4778 or Michele.Traver@mcc.edu
- For question concerning eligibility for graduation, contact your Advisor.
- For questions regarding the commencement ceremonies, contact at or