The purpose of the student employment program at Mott Community College is to provide students with an opportunity to receive training and experience in a diverse array of work situations. These environments can give students the opportunity to gain a sense of work responsibility and the expectations of the world of work. Our philosophy is that work is an essential educational experience, and employment opportunities should be available to all students. The Student Employment Center administers all student employment programs based upon the guidelines set by the state and federal government along with Satisfactory Academic Progress governed by the Office of Financial Aid.
These materials were developed under a grant awarded by the Michigan State Board of Education and the Michigan Department of Career Development.
This manual accurately describes the student employment policies and programs at Mott Community College in effect at the time of publication. The College reserves the right to make appropriate changes in its policies governing the Student Employment Programs. Failure to read this manual does not exempt student employees from adhering to the policies and requirements described herein.
All MCC Vocational Education Career Services are provided without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, marital status or handicap,
political affiliation or belief. We affirm the value of all students and graduates
and are committed to supporting the career and educational goals of all individuals.
” How To Apply
” Work-Study Employment Process
” Amount of Earnings
” Terms of Employment for Work-Study
” Summer Session Employment
” Spring Session Employment
- International Students
- Student's Responsibilities
- Employer's Request For Student Employees
- Interviewing Student Employees
- Employer's Responsibilities
- Evaluation Process
- Termination Process
- Student Employee Intake Interview Checklist and Agreement (pdf)
- Student Employment Bi-Weekly Time Sheet (pdf)
- Employment Eligibility Form (Form I-9) (pdf)
- Employment Confirmation Card (pdf)
- Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (Form W-4) (pdf)
- Financial Aid Award Letter Notification (jpg)
- Student Employment Registration Form (pdf)
- Student Employment Referral Form (pdf)
- Student Employee Termination Form (restricted access - requires log in to secure.mcc.edu)
- Student Employment Manual Verification Form (pdf)
- Student Employment Tracking Sheet (pdf)