The Testing Center provides a comfortable, consistent environment for many testing formats that meets the highest security standards yet provides fairness to all. The Testing Center administers e-Learning, Make-up, Extended time, Proctor and Certification testing for MCC courses.
Testing Center Mission Statement
The mission of the Testing Center is to provide high quality testing services to our students, adhering to the standards of the National College Testing Association (NCTA). We strive to administer tests in a distraction free, technologically-enhanced environment that aligns with the testing policies of each faculty member.
Specific features of the Testing Center are:
- Computer testing
- The Testing Center can accommodate up to 27 students at a time and each computer is
equipped with Insight Classroom Management Software. Listed below are just a few of the software's capabilities:
- Control student access to applications and website
- Monitor screens to ensure students are on task
- Communicate instructions to the student
- View and print internet history
- End student session
- The Testing Center can accommodate up to 27 students at a time and each computer is equipped with Insight Classroom Management Software. Listed below are just a few of the software's capabilities:
- Paper and Pencil testing that can accommodate 26 students at a time
- Open Book testing privacy stations that accommodate up to 7 students
- Lockers to secure personal items - cost $0.25 (refunded when key is reinserted)
Lockers are large enough to accommodate a winter coat and book bag.
- Scantrons are available on the first floor of the library (cost varies depending on scantron required)
*The Testing Center no longer maintains reserved materials for student viewing. These materials have been moved to the Library Circulation desk located on the first floor.
Submitting a Test to the Testing Center
Exams can be submitted electronically through our secure site or hand delivered by the instructor.
Submitting exams electronically:
- Access the "Faculty & Staff Secure Login" at the Faculty & Staff page on the Mott's website
- Choose Testing Center Submissions under the list of applications
- At the Testing Center Submissions page click on the Upload New Test Button for the form
- Fill out the Test Information Form (used to generate the student Test Instruction sheet)
- At the bottom, attach the test file by browsing your documents
- Click on the submit button at the bottom to complete your submission
Testing Center staff will be notified by email that your test is ready to print.
If you need assistance in converting your tests to an electronic format, please contact the Faculty Support Center (CM2118) at (810) 762-0395
Any student who violates the rules of the instructor or the Testing Center (see below) are subject to having their test collected by the Attendant and an incident report will be sent to the instructor. Students must show a picture ID and student ID at the Testing Center
- Students must sit in the Testing Center. This room is equipped with a secure environment visible to Testing Center staff.
- Students must remain seated while in the Testing Center. Moving from desk to desk is prohibited
- Students are not allowed to leave the Testing Center once they have started a test
- Students must turn their test into the testing attendant before leaving
- Items not used while taking a test must be secured in one of the lockers provided. Students must place a quarter into the locker to secure their items. This quarter is returned when retrieving your property
- Children are prohibited from accompanying students into the Testing Center
- No talking is allowed in the Testing Center
- All electronic communication devices such as: cell phones, pagers, and iPods must be stored in a locker
To insure fairness for all students, these testing security procedures are strictly
*Rules are subject to change; see Student Code of Conduct for all rules of behavior.