The Testing Center provides a comfortable, consistent environment for many testing formats that meets the highest security standards yet provides fairness to all. The Testing Center administers e-Learning, Make-up, Extended time, Proctor and Certification testing for MCC courses.
Testing Center Mission Statement
The mission of the Testing Center is to provide high quality testing services to our students, adhering to the National College Testing Association (NCTA) Standards and Guidelines. We strive to administer tests in a distraction free, technologically-enhanced environment that aligns with the testing policies of each faculty member.
Specific features of the Testing Center are:
- Computer testing
- The Testing Center can accommodate up to 27 students at a time and each computer is
equipped with Insight Classroom Management Software. Listed below are just a few of the software's capabilities:
- Control student access to applications and website
- Monitor screens to ensure students are on task
- Communicate instructions to the student
- View and print internet history
- End student session
- The Testing Center can accommodate up to 27 students at a time and each computer is equipped with Insight Classroom Management Software. Listed below are just a few of the software's capabilities:
- Paper and Pencil testing that can accommodate 26 students at a time
- Open Book testing privacy stations that accommodate up to 7 students
- Lockers to secure personal items - cost $0.25 (refunded when key is reinserted)
Lockers are large enough to accommodate a winter coat and book bag.
- Scantrons are available on the first floor of the library (cost varies depending on scantron required)
*The Testing Center no longer maintains reserved materials for student viewing. These materials have been moved to the Library Circulation desk located on the first floor.
Administration of e-Learning tests takes place at the Testing Center. Students may take their tests on a walk-in basis during Testing Center hours of operation and follow established security procedures.
The last test is given out no later than one hour prior to close. This is to ensure adequate time for testing. (Note: refer to your syllabus as some tests may require more than one hour and plan accordingly.)
Completed tests are forwarded to the course instructor for correction. No test correcting occurs at the Testing Center.
The Testing Center will administer make-up tests for individual students at the instructor's request. Students taking a make-up test follow the same testing security procedures as those used in e-Learning testing. This service is designed to have make-up testing available in a consistent, secure manner and is not a replacement for in-class testing. We offer make-up tests anytime during the semester, but we cannot test entire classes.
Students who require extended time for testing must receive prior certification of need through DisAbility Services. For details on the certification process, please visit the Learning Center.
The Testing Center can accommodate proctor testing for students enrolled in other
colleges and universities. State of the art equipment is available for computer/Internet
based testing along with secure areas for paper-pencil and open-book testing.
Please note that your home college may require proctor verification before sending your exam to our institution.
A $25.00 fee will be charged per proctored exam. This fee is nonrefundable and must be paid in full prior to taking an exam. The proctoring fee is payable in person at the Cashier's Office or the Mott Library Circulation desk. The library accepts cash, check and credit card (Visa & Mastercard). They do not accept debit cards.
Mott Community College's Testing Center has been certified to proctor certification tests by Comira. Comira is a full service testing company for licensure, certification, assessment and educational testing programs in a variety of fields such as the American Culinary Federation (ACF), Environmental Protection Agency, National Coalition of Estheticians (CEA) and National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA). Visit www.comiratesting.com for a complete list of certifications and to schedule an exam.
Mott Community College is an authorized Pearson Vue testing center, providing industry certification testing in the areas of A+, Security+, and Network+ for Mott students, faculty and staff. Preparation for each exam can be done by completing the following Mott courses:
Price per Exam
|A+||COMC-115 and COMC-125||$86.00|
|Network||COMN-112, COMN-114, COMN-130 & COMN-128||$113.00|
Information about Career Exploration and Certification Requirements is located on
the CompTia website.
Contact the Testing Center to schedule an appointment.
Fall/Winter Test Distribution Times
Mon. – Thurs. 8:00am – 4:00 pm
Fri. 8:00 am – 10:00am
Spring/Summer Test Distribution Times
Mon. & Tues. 8:00am – 4:00 pm
Wed. & Thurs. 8:00 am – 12:00 noon
Fri. 8:00am – 10:00am
Reserve your seat by contacting the Testing Center at (810)762-0406
For more detailed information regarding the exam: see "Guidelines for Students Taking the A2 Exam".
Submitting a Test to the Testing Center
Exams can be submitted electronically through MCC4me portal or hand delivered by the instructor.
Submitting exams electronically:
- Directions for Submitting an exam electronically:
- Login to the MCC4me portal
- Choose Testing Center Submissions from the list of My Secure Apps
- At the Testing Center Submissions page click on the Upload New Test Button for the form
- Fill out the Test Information Form (used to generate the student Test Instruction sheet)
- At the bottom, attach the test file by browsing your documents
- Click on the submit button at the bottom to complete your submission
Testing Center staff will be notified by email that your test is ready to print.
If you need assistance in converting your tests to an electronic format, please contact the Faculty Support Center (CM2118) at (810) 762-0395
Any student who violates the rules of the instructor or the Testing Center (see below) is subject to having their test collected by the Attendant and having an incident report sent to the instructor. Students must show a picture ID and student ID at the Testing Center
- Students must sit in the Testing Center. This room is equipped with a secure environment visible to Testing Center staff.
- Students must remain seated while in the Testing Center. Moving from desk to desk is prohibited
- Students are not allowed to leave the Testing Center once they have started a test
- Students must turn their test into the testing attendant before leaving
- Items not used while taking a test must be secured in one of the lockers provided. Students must place a quarter into the locker to secure their items. This quarter is returned when retrieving your property
- Children are prohibited from accompanying students into the Testing Center
- No talking is allowed in the Testing Center
- All electronic communication devices such as: cell phones, pagers, and iPods must be stored in a locker
To insure fairness for all students, these testing security procedures are strictly
*Rules are subject to change; see Student Code of Conduct for all rules of behavior.