Students planning to go on to a four-year college or university can use a two-year arts and sciences program that leads to an associate of arts or associate of science degree that can transfer to a university.
If you are looking to move into your career more quickly, MCC offers two-year programs leading to associates degrees, as well as Occupational Certificates of Achievement and Alternative Training Programs that can be completed in one year or less. These programs are designed to lead directly into the job market. Most of the jobs available today - -and those that will be available in the future -- require more than a high school education but less than a four-year degree.
MCC may also be the answer for students who are not yet ready -- either socially or academically -- for a four-year college as your community college offers ability assessment, personal attention and academic preparation for college-level work.
- No Application Fee for Admission
- Free Career Exploration with the newest career assessment tools
- Free Internet service from home or school
- Free Email account
- Free use of computer labs
- Free Personal Counseling: Coping with Stress, Time Management, Test Taking Skills, Grief Counseling and more.
- Free Health Screenings
- Free Tutoring
- Free Writing Center Assistance
- Free Assistance with applying for Financial Aid
- Free Parking to MCC Students (excluding Lot B)
- Free 24 Hour public safety & escort services
- Free Disability Services
- Free Film Festivals, Lectures, Concerts and Art Gallery Exhibits
- Free Library services with online resources, study rooms equipped with presentation media (by appointment)
- Free Tennis Courts, walking trails and open gym (see schedule for details)
- Employment services including Resume writing and job seeking skills
Minimal Cost Services and Activities: