General Accounts Receivable Department Procedures
Customer number setup/maintenance
- To avoid duplicate accounts, the Accounting Office alone is responsible for setting up new customer accounts.
- Call Accounting for new accounts or to report any changes to customer accounts.
- Use only ORGP to view customer accounts.
Viewing customer balances
- ARAI-Account Inquiry-enter A/R type
- ARTI-Term Summary Inquiry-enter A/R type (displays by term)
- ARSI-Summary Inquiry-displays all types
- ARII-Invoice Inquiry –displays invoice
- Identifies which Datatel account number is utilized when billing a customer.
- Call the Accounting Department if the correct A/R code to use for a billing is not known.
- Used to divide General A/R Accounts and indicates to Datatel which Receivable General Ledger asset account to use for this billing.
- Contact the Accounts Receivable Department if unsure of which A/R Type to use.
- Review Open Invoice report received monthly from Accounting
- Fill in “Response Column” with requests for re-billings or write offs
- Send report back to Accounting with responses
- Accounts may be viewed in Datatel to assist in monitoring
December 29, 2017