Certificate of Achievement
Mott Community College has developed an innovative Entrepreneurship Program that gives students the opportunity to explore the principles of business ownership while learning the practical skills needed to launch their own businesses.
This new program uses an interactive model with students using their own business ideas as the starting point for classroom lessons as opposed to traditional models that offer general information about entrepreneurship. This model gives students an opportunity to work with faculty who are small business experts to fully develop their business models and launch their businesses right out of the classroom.
This three-semester certificate starts by solidifying students’ interest in entrepreneurship in The Entrepreneurial Mindset, assessing the viability of their business idea in Opportunity Analysis, and progresses to study of the legal and financial challenges faced by small businesses. In their third semester students will complete a capstone project where they turn their business ideas into realities and launch their businesses.
- ENTR 120 Entrepreneurial Mindset
- ENTR 130 Opportunity Analysis
- ENTR 140 Business Professional Skills
- ACCT 101 College Accounting OR
ACCT 201 Principles of Accounting I
- BUSN 257 Consumer Behavior
- ENTR 210 Legal Issues for Small Business
- ENTR 220 Financial Management for Small Business
- ENTR 230 Entrepreneurial Marketing
- ENTR 250 Business Plan Development
- MGMT 183 Small Business Management
- ENTR 200 Entrepreneurial Co-op
- ENTR 290 Entrepreneurial Capstone-Launch it!
How do I get started?
If you are not a current MCC student, you must complete the MCC application process.