Medical Emergencies / First Aid / Death
- If a serious injury, illness or death occurs on campus, immediately contact the Department
of Public Safety at (810) 762-5666 or (810) 762-0222, activate the nearest emergency
call box or dial 0 from any MCC office phone. Give your name, a description of the
medical emergency, and the location of the victim. Do not hang up until released by
the emergency dispatcher.
- If conscious and oriented, the individual has the right to determine his/her own health
care needs and the response to those needs, including the right to refuse treatment.
If the individual refuses treatment, the responding public safety officer will request
that they sign a Medical Release form and have their signature witnessed. If the individual
refuses to sign the medical release, indicate this on the signature line and have
the refusal to sign witnessed.
- If the person is unconscious or disoriented, contact the Department of Public Safety
to activate emergency medical services.
- Keep the victim still and comfortable until help arrives. Do not move the victim unless
unsafe conditions exist.
- First aid assistance is available through the Department of Public Safety and first
aid cabinets are located throughout the campus.
- AED/CPR response is available through the Department of Public Safety and trained
Emergency Response Team members.
- Notify the Office of Physical Plant for clean-up, if required.
MCC Health Services
August 10, 2016