Rave Guardian Mobile App
Rave Guardian is one of the best ways to improve your personal safety and also protect your friends by building your own private safety network. This app provides instant communication with friends, family, co-workings, campus safety, and even 9-1-1. Learn more at www.raveguardian.com
Downloading & Installing the Rave Guardian App
Note: You are asked to create a password and 4 digit PIN. Remember the PIN, as you will need it to activate and deactivate your safety timer. The more information you add, the more information the police will have if you ever need to use the emergency features of the app.
How Does Rave Guardian Work?
The Rave Guardian app provides several tools you can use to enhance your safety on campus:
- Emergency calls & safety tips: Call or provide tips (including photos) to Campus Safety about an unsafe situation on campus. Or call 911 directly from the app.
- Directly contact friends or family: Import contacts into the Rave Guardian app and communicate directly with trusted contacts.
- Set a safety timer: If you’re heading out alone, set a safety timer. The app automatically notifies your contacts if the timer expires before you disable it.
- Guard someone else: Receive safety notifications via the Rave Guardian app on behalf of others.
- Create a safety profile: Automatically share key information about yourself, including a photo and information about medical conditions or allergies, in the event of an emergency.
The app includes step-by-step instructions for configuring and using each of these tools.