e-Learning DLES Preparedness Sessions
Due to the continuing COVID-19 emergency situation, Mott Community College will be making the DLES-100 eLearning preparation course optional for students wishing to take courses online for the Summer 2020 semester. In addition, a "mini" eLearning prep course will be available to all students in Canvas. Students who successfully complete their Summer 2020 online course will not be required to take DLES-100 in the future.
However, students who are not taking Summer courses online but who are planning to take online courses for Fall 2020 will still be required to complete DLES-100. Whether you choose to enroll in DLES-100 for Summer (optional) or Fall, for assistance with registering for DLES-100 or other eLearning questions, contact the eLearning office at: eLearning@mcc.edu or 810-762-0224.
|Section ID||Start Date - End Date||Instructor|
|DLES-100-51||July 6 - July 11||J. Fillion|
|DLES-101-51**||July 6 - July 11||J. Fillion|
|DLES-100-52||August 3 - August 8||C. Rishoi|
|DLES-101-52**||August 3 - August 8||C. Rishoi|
|DLES-100-53||August 10 - August 15||C. Rishoi|
|DLES-101-53**||August 10 - August 15||C. Rishoi|
|DLES-100-54||August 17 - August 22||R. Benard|
|DLES-101-54**||August 17 - August 22||R. Benard|
|DLES-100-55||August 24 - August 29||C. Shelton|
|DLES-101-55**||August 24 - August 29||C. Shelton|
|DLES-100-56||July 13 - July 18||C. Shelton|
|DLES-101-56**||July 13 - July 18||C. Shelton|
|DLES-100-60||July 20 - July 25||C. Rishoi|
|DLES-101-60**||July 20 - July 25||C. Rishoi|
|DLES-100-61||July 27 - August 1||J. Fillion|
|DLES-101-61**||July 27 - August 1||J. Fillion|
** retake fee will be applied
Register for your DLES session
- Call the e-Learning office at (810) 762-0224
- Email: e-Learning@mcc.edu
- Speak with your Academic Advisor
What is included in a DLES session:
- How to use the college’s Course Management System (currently Blackboard)
- How to use email, manage files and file formatting
- Using a web browser and searching
- Avoiding plagiarism and copyright violations
- Ways to get online support, library and other online resources
- Appropriate responses to email and discussion boards
- Time management strategies
- Importance of communication
The course is free of charge for the first attempt.
**There is a $25.00 fee for additional attempts. We allow you one week to complete the class. It is completely online and most students are able to finish it within four or five hours.
- DLES Sessions are conducted on-line through www.blackboard.mcc.edu (log in via the MCC Portal).
- Allow 24 hours for this course to appear in your Blackboard after you registered for a DLES class.
- DLES Sessions are available for access beginning at midnight of the Start Date.
- To begin this session go to www.blackboard.mcc.edu.
Your login is the same for all your computer applications ie. webmail, mcc4me, and blackboard. Username / password lookup
- Sessions take approximately four hours to complete depending upon your computer skill level and speed of the internet connection.
- It is recommended that you use Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
- You MUST successfully “S” complete the section by 11:59 pm of the end date.
- Grades are posted in your Backpack on a daily basis.
The “S” (satisfactory) or “U” (unsatisfactory) grade will appear on the MCC transcript but does not affect the GPA. Official transcripts to other institutions will not see this grade.
- Once you have successfully completed the DLES prep class you may register for any WCA, WWW or Hybrid class during the open registration process.