DLES requirement WAIVED for Fall 2020
Students can now register for any WWW, WCA, or Hybrid without the DLES requirement.
DLES Preparedness Session Schedule
||Start Date - End Date
|DLES-100-63||October 12 - October 17||C. Shelton|
|DLES-101-63**||October 12 - October 17||C. Shelton|
** retake fee will be applied
Register for your DLES session
What is included in a DLES session:
- How to use the college’s Learning Management System - LMS (currently Canvas)
- How to use email, manage files and file formatting
- Using a web browser and searching
- Avoiding plagiarism and copyright violations
- Ways to get online support, library and other online resources
- Appropriate responses to email and discussion boards
- Time management strategies
- Importance of communication
The course is free of charge for the first attempt.
**There is a $25.00 fee for additional attempts. We allow you one week to complete
the class. It is completely online and most students are able to finish it within
four or five hours.
- DLES Sessions are conducted on-line through www.canvas.mcc.edu (log in via the MCC Portal).
- Allow 24 hours for this course to appear in your LMS after you registered for a DLES
- DLES Sessions are available for access beginning at midnight of the Start Date.
- To begin this session go to www.canvas.mcc.edu.
Your login is the same for all your computer applications ie. webmail, mcc4me,
and your LMS. Username / password lookup
- Sessions take approximately four hours to complete depending upon your computer skill
level and speed of the internet connection.
- It is recommended that you use Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
- You MUST successfully “S” complete the section by 11:59 pm of the end date.
- Grades are posted in your Backpack on a daily basis.
The “S” (satisfactory) or “U” (unsatisfactory) grade will appear on the MCC transcript
but does not affect the GPA. Official transcripts to other institutions will not see
- Once you have successfully completed the DLES prep class you may register for any
WCA, WWW or Hybrid class during the open registration process.