e-Learning DLES Preparedness Sessions
Any student planning to take an online (WWW, WCA, or hybrid) class at MCC MUST successfully complete the Distance Learning Evaluation Session (DLES) Prep Class prior to registering.
These sessions are available throughout the year. There will always be an open session however, pay close attention to offering dates so that you will be able to complete the class in time to register for your selected semester. Please note that this is a MANDATORY class with NO EXCEPTIONS .
DLES Preparedness Session Schedule
|Section ID||Start Date - End Date||Instructor|
|DLES-100-43||April 16 - April 21||C. Shelton|
|DLES-101-43**||April 16 - April 21||C. Shelton|
|DLES-100-44||April 23 - April 28||C. Rishoi|
|DLES-101-44**||April 23 - April 28||C. Rishoi|
|DLES-100-45||April 30 - May 5||J. Fillion|
|DLES-101-45**||April 30 - May 5||J. Fillion|
Register for your DLES session
- Call the e-Learning office at (810) 762-0224
- Email: e-Learning@mcc.edu
- Speak with your Academic Advisor
What is included in a DLES session:
- How to use the college’s Course Management System (currently Blackboard)
- How to use email, manage files and file formatting
- Using a web browser and searching
- Avoiding plagiarism and copyright violations
- Ways to get online support, library and other online resources
- Appropriate responses to email and discussion boards
- Time management strategies
- Importance of communication
The course is free of charge for the first attempt.
**There is a $25.00 fee for additional attempts. We allow you one week to complete the class. It is completely online and most students are able to finish it within four or five hours.
- DLES Sessions are conducted on-line through www.blackboard.mcc.edu (log in via the MCC Portal).
- Allow 24 hours for this course to appear in your Blackboard after you registered for a DLES class.
- DLES Sessions are available for access beginning at midnight of the Start Date.
- To begin this session go to www.blackboard.mcc.edu.
Your login is the same for all your computer applications ie. webmail, mcc4me, and blackboard. Username / password lookup
- Sessions take approximately four hours to complete depending upon your computer skill level and speed of the internet connection.
- It is recommended that you use Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
- You MUST successfully “S” complete the section by 11:59 pm of the end date.
- Grades are posted in your Backpack on a daily basis.
The “S” (satisfactory) or “U” (unsatisfactory) grade will appear on the MCC transcript but does not affect the GPA. Official transcripts to other institutions will not see this grade.
- Once you have successfully completed the DLES prep class you may register for any WCA, WWW or Hybrid class during the open registration process.