Step-by-Step Financial Aid Process
Review your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- A copy of your SAR will be mailed to you or can be accessed online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
You may be selected for verification.
- Approximately one week after submitting your FAFSA you can access MCC4me/MyBackpack account to see if you are required to submit more documents
- Once all required documents have been submitted, it can take 1-2 weeks for your information to be verified. Until this process is complete, you will not be eligible to receive federal financial aid
- On MCC4me/MyBackpack you have the ability to view your award letter. The award letter details the aid for which you are eligible. If there is a loan in your package that you would like to accept, you must go to www.studentloans.gov and submit a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling. If you intend on participating in the work-study program you must contact the Student Employment Services.
- What type of aid is available? View the sources of aid page.
- How do you receive your Financial Aid? Using your aid after it has been awarded is simple. The Financial Aid office applies the funds to your account, paying your tuition and allowing you to use any excess in the bookstore. Still have questions? Try the disbursement of funds page.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities PDF document
- If you fail, stop attending, or withdraw from your classes, you may owe a portion of your award back. This is called a Return of Funds.
- You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to remain eligible. If you fall below any of the three SAP standards, your financial aid will be terminated.
Congratulations, you have completed the process! You will not have to do these steps again until October 1st of next year.
March 1, 2018