The MCC Scholarship Program
MCC understands that financing your education can be difficult. Scholarships in addition to other types of aid may relieve some of the financial burden.
All scholarships from the Foundation for Mott Community College require the following:
- Applicants must have a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with MCC.
- Some scholarships require an autobiography and/or essay. If any scholarship you apply
for requires an autobiography or essay please email one copy to email@example.com.
- Essays should include the following information: your educational goals and career goals, how receipt of this scholarship will help you to obtain those goals, and any other scholarship specific criteria (see individual scholarship descriptions).
- Autobiographies should include the following information: descriptions of any community service or extra-curricular activities you have been involved in, explanation of relevant work experience, information on any honors/awards you have received.
- Some scholarships also have additional required information, which will be listed under the scholarship description below.
- If the GPA requirement is met through a high school or other higher education institution, copy of transcripts must be submitted with the application.
- Students must meet the GPA and Completion Rate components of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements.
- If a scholarship is awarded, enrollment in minimum credit hour requirement must be met before funds will be received.
**Scholarship awarding is based on availability of funds. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. Submittal of a complete application does not guarantee that a scholarship will be awarded.
The following list of scholarships are made available through the Foundation for Mott Community College:
Application Deadline for 2018/2019 Academic Year:
December 14, 2018
MCC partners with local foundations and organization to help promote and identify students that should apply or may be eligible for one of their scholarships. Two of the foundations MCC is currently partnered with:
- The Alan J. Ferrari Scholarship
- The family of Alan J. Ferrari has established a fund in the Community Foundation of Greater Flint; which now provides the funds to award yearly scholarships. Applicants must have a 3.0 grade point average or better in order to apply for this scholarship.
- Dr. Clement A. Alfred Dental Hygiene School Humanitarian Award Fund for Dental Hygiene Students
- The Dr. Clement A. Alfred Humanitarian Award Fund will provide support for a scholarship to a MCC dental hygiene student. The purposes of this fund is to: a) provide an annual award to a Flint area health professional who evidences the kind of commitment to professionalism, integrity, and humanitarian goals as has Dr. Alfred throughout his life, and b) provide an annual scholarship to a Dental Hygiene student at MCC.
- Stacey Braden-Brown, R.N. Nursing Scholarship
- $1,000 award given to a student pursuing a nursing degree at MCC or UM-Flint, and preference is given to individuals who are single parents and/or had an interruption in their education.
- Aretha Brock, L.P.N. Nursing Scholarship
- $1,000 award given to a student pursuing a nursing degree at MCC or UM-Flint.
- Jonathan Mays Nurse Aide Scholarship
- $1,000 award given to a student pursuing a Nurse Aid education at MCC, and preference is given to individuals who are single parents and/or had an interruption in their education.
- Mary Alice Moore, R.N. Nursing Scholarship
- $1,000 award given to a student pursuing a nursing degree at MCC or UM-Flint.
- Patti Sherry, R.N. Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- $1,000 award given to a student pursuing a nursing degree at MCC or UM-Flint, and preference is given to individuals who have taken care of cancer patients (including family member) or have been cancer patients themselves.
In order to encourage academically talented leaders to begin their college education at Mott Community College the Board of Trustees established a Trustees' Leadership Scholarship that is awarded to one graduating senior from each high school within the College's district
- A College district high school graduate by June 1st of each year. Nominations must be from a high school administrator and nominations must be received by April 1st.
- Academic achievement. Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- Leadership and other abilities demonstrated through school or community activity that support the student's overall potential to succeed. Examples would include a
leadership position in a school council, team sport or school activity.
- Interest in attending Mott Community College. Mott is particularly eager to support students who plan to attend MCC for two years.
- This scholarship is to be utilized in the academic year immediately following graduation and is limited to only Fall and Winter semesters up to a total of 31 credits for the academic year.
- The Trustees Leadership Scholarship is renewable for a second consecutive academic year dependent upon the achieving a 2.75 (or higher) grade point average and meeting standards of academic progress.
This list of reputable search engines can help you begin your search for external scholarships:
- 100+ Scholarships for International Students 2017-18 - Scholarships for International Students
- College Resource Network - List of General Scholarships
- fastweb! - List of General Scholarships
- Scholarship America - List of general scholarships
- Scholarship Mentor- List of general scholarships
- The American Legion, Department of Michigan - Opportunities to apply for scholarships or prize money for college for high school students.
- Community Foundation of Greater Flint - Students in the Genesee County area
- ELGA Scholarship Program - Accepting applications for the Carmen Lee Wilber Memorial and Giving Back Scholarships
- Haworth Diversity Scholarship with Paid Internship- This is a $2,000 scholarship for minority students who are currently college sophomores or juniors studying Business, Design, Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, IT, Manufacturing, Marketing or Sales. The scholarship includes an opportunity for a 12-week paid internship during the summer in Holland.
- Haworth Skilled Trades Scholarship- This is a $2,000 scholarship for students enrolled or enrolling a 12 to 24-month certification, associates (A.A.A.S.), or skilled trade/vocational program in one of the following areas: CNC Programming, Electrician, Electronics Technology, Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning [HVAC] Technician, Industrial Maintenance, Machinist, Machine Repair, Manufacturing Technology, Model Maker, Tool and Die, or Welding.
- Genesee Opportunity (GO)- Genesee Opportunity provides Genesee County high school students with a financial jump start toward their post-high school futures, no matter what education path they choose.
- Lake Trust Foundation Scholarships - Offering four $2,500 scholarships for a career in trade or career technical education program, as well as, five full-ride scholarship to Cleary University for aspiring or established entrepreneurs (for continuing undergraduate or postgraduate tuition either on-campus or online).
- Lapeer County Community Foundation - Students in the Lapeer County area
- Maier & Associates Financial Group, Inc. - Students in the Bay, Midland and Saginaw area. GPA between 2.0 and 3.5
- The American Legion - Samsung endowed a scholarship fund of $5 million used for undergraduate studies and applied toward tuition, books, fees, and room and board.
- American Sign Letters Scholarship - An annual $1,000 scholarship awarded to the winners of a design contest.
- The Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiners - AFTE Scholarship Program - An annual $2,000 scholarship awarded to students of Forensic Science by committee review of applicants scholarship submission.
- Autolist Used Car to Dream Car Scholarship - Quarterly $1,500 scholarship for outstanding students based either on a merit or need basis.
- Bluepay STEM Scholarship - $1000 scholarship and two $250 book scholarships for students majoring in a STEM field of study
- Caring.com - $1000 Scholarships for Student Caregivers
- Console | Hollawell PC Legal Scholarship - Students pursuing a career in law.
- DevTeam.Space- DevTeam.Space STEM bi-yearly $1,000 Scholarships open to anyone 13 years or older for any education at an accredited U.S. College.
- Diet Spotlight- One $3000 award and three $1000 awards from 1500 word essay on the importance of good health.
- Building the Future Scholarship -- $5000 awarded on applicant criteria requirements and essay submission.
- Financial Futures Scholarship - CardRates.com- CardRates.com is proud to offer the Financial Futures Scholarship to future and current college students majoring in Business, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Management, and others preparing for a career in the personal finance industry.
- EGIA Foundation - Students enrolled in HVAC technology-related course of study.
- Eric Verhaar Scholarship - $2500 award based on short answer and essay.
- Gates Millennium Scholars- The Gate Millennium Scholars- Minority Students
- HotelPlanner.com Graduate Technology Scholarship For Military Veterans - Students who are interested in travel.
- International Scholarships.com/ - Scholarships for studying abroad and in the US.
- Lowenberg & Kumar - $1,000 Scholarship
- Lulus Scholarship- Win a $1000 scholarship plus a $500 Lulus shopping spree.
- MDsyncNet- “Future of Healthcare Communications” $1,000 Video Scholarship
- Movavi Scholarship- Create a fun video about yourself or your friends, share it on social media, and you could win $1,000.
- MedEvac Foundation International- Children's Scholarship Fund - To honor and support children that have lost a parent in an air medical or critical care transport accident.
- Point Foundation- Largest higher education scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) students.
- The Lep Foundation CURE – Cancer Support Scholarship - The Lep Foundation CURE – Cancer Support Scholarship is available for those students who were diagnosed with cancer in childhood and whose disease and related treatments placed a significant financial burden on them and their families. Applicant must reside in the United States of America.
- Real Estate Scholarship Program - Alliance Recruitment Agency- A $1000 scholarship awarded based on eligibility criteria and application process.
- Rosen & Ohr Scholarship Program- A $1000 scholarship awarded based on essay submission.
- Scooter 'n Chairs Scholarship- A $1000 scholarship awarded based on essay submission.
- The Skin Care Ox: Beauty + Wellness Scholarship for Women - A $1000 scholarship plus Organic Beauty Basket.
- SoberTimes Scholarship- Any student 18 or over can enter for a $500 essay scholarship geared toward students who make active efforts to fight addiction and substance abuse.
- SuretyBonds.com - Students who have family that operate a small business.
- United States Bowling Congress - Bowling scholarships
- Wealth Wise Scholarship - badcredit.com- The BadCredit.org Wealth Wise Scholarship is open to US undergraduate and graduate students seeking a career in the finance industry.