The Writing Center can help students out at all stages of their writing processes:
- Understanding the assignment
- Brainstorming for ideas
- Gathering research for your papers
- Organizing and drafting your writing
- Clarifying your points
- Maintaining a focus in your writing
- Organizing your thoughts and paragraphs
- Developing your ideas through your research or examples
- Learning how to proofread your own papers
- Understanding particular grammatical problems in your writing
- Bring with you a copy of the assignment sheet.
- Bring any writing you've done on the assignment, or notes you've taken.
- Make sure you visit at least a day before the assignment is due (you want plenty of time to revise the piece if you need to).
The Writing Center can not guarantee full services to students dropping by the Center less than thirty minutes from closing.
Computer Lab Use
The Writing Center's facilities in 2031CM include 17 computers for use in typing papers or researching topics. These computers include Internet access and Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
Assignment Creation and other Instructional Supports
Not just for students anymore, the Writing Center can help everyone at Mott, including faculty and staff. Want to make sure your assignment is clear for your students before they ask questions? Need a second pair of eyes for your interoffice letter? Have one of our staff members help you clarify, organize and develop your office writing as well. Appointments for instructor and staff consultations can be made by calling , e-mailing email@example.com, or dropping in during our regular hours. Make sure that you allot yourself plenty of time before you need the finished piece, so that you can make changes as necessary.