Student Training and Support for Transition from Face-to-Face to Online Learning
March 15, 2020
Mott Community College is in the process of moving from an in person class environment to an alternative teaching environment (still teaching..but not in physical classroom).
To accomplish this transition comprehensively, we have suspended all face to face classes this week, 3/16-3/22. These classes will resume in various forms of alternative delivery on 3/23.
To ensure you are adequately prepared for this transition, Mott is offering these options:
- Although your classes are suspended this week, Mott is offering daily assistance with teaching student show to use e-learning tools.
- Starting Monday 3/16 at 12pm in Prahl College Center 2270, we are hosting daily " transition " sessions for students needing assistance with navigating and using these e-learning tools (these sessions are limited in seating to provide proper social distancing). We will add sessions based on demand. -You can sign up for these 'transition' sessions through the "schedule placement" feature inside of the account manager tab on the student portal MCC4Me portal / MyMottApps/AccountManager. Disregard the confirmation email you receive stating go to the placement room. The training is held in Prahl College Center 2270.
- For those students who have experience with e-tools(blackboard, email, zoom, canvas, google classroom) but need a refresher, we invite you to visit Curtice-Mott 1135 this week from 8a-7p M-Thurs and from 8a-5p on Friday. As this is a walk-in lab, proper social distancing will determine availability. Extended hours will be determined by student demand.
- To get help with technical support please go to https://mojo.mcc.edu/ click the blue tab "new ticket" and complete the request fields.
- For help with anything else you're experiencing due to this change go to https://4me.mcc.edu/student/Pages/default.aspx and click "My Compass". "You can" raise your hand" for assistance. Instructions on how to use My Compass will be on the new CoViD-19 webpageunder "IMPORTANT Information for Students" You may still use our social media platforms and call center, but expect those offices to experience higher than normal traffic.
- Please vist our new CoViD-19 page which has important information and resources for students
- Classes resume 3/23 in new formats, but the campuses will be closed until Apr 5th. There will be reminders sent regarding this physical campus closure throughout the week.
- Online classes will continue to run the week of 3/16.
- A student survey will be sent tomorrow inquiring about your needs/challenges with this transition. We will use that information to provide more resources. Please complete it....
- All of the Student Success Services helpful resources are still available here https://www.mcc.edu/student_services/ss_index.shtml
- We are sending more valuable information throughout the week, please continue checking your emails
Vice President Student Success Services
Prahl Building 1130
Mott Community College