TRiO Student Support Services
TRiO-SSS is a federally funded program designed to support and encourage those eligible students heading toward transfer to a four year institution. MCC's TRiO-SSS program serves the interests of 200 students each year.Application with Personal Statement
Qualifying students are academically disadvantaged and:
- Demonstrate a commitment/ability to transfer and obtain a bachelors degree (within
a 6 year maximum time frame)
- Meet income guidelines
- First Generation (i.e., neither of your parents graduated from a college or university
with a bachelor degree or higher)
- Have a documented disability
The final determination of acceptance in the MCC TRiO-SSS Program is made by the Director of the Student Success Center.
First Time Freshman status is preferred.
First year participants are accepted on a probationary basis. *
* We reserve the right to dismiss a student from the program due to poor grades or any other violations of the TRiO-SSS participation agreement.
The following FREE services are available to qualified students:
- Assistance finding the right college resources
- University visits
- Disability Services
- Transfer-related service and support
- Financial assistance including the TRiO-SSS Grant •
- A variety of Academic Support Workshops
- Cultural Enrichment Activities (Out-of-state/local field trips, museums, plays, etc.)
- Awards and recognition
- Student success publications
- Assistance with technology resources (printing, computer access, etc.)
• Some additional qualifications do apply.