Cell Phone/Pager Use
Cell phones and pagers can be a disruption to those studying or doing research and their use in the Mott Library should be kept to a minimum.
Mott Library Cell Phone Policy *
The Mott Library is committed to providing a welcoming environment conducive to quiet study. Cell phones can be a disruption to those studying or doing research and their use in the Mott Library should be kept to a minimum. Cell phone use is allowed in the Mott Library when certain conditions are met:
- Please turn off or quiet your ringers and paging functions when entering the Mott Library.
- Please be courteous of other library patrons. Conversations should be kept short and quiet. Extended conversations should be conducted outside of the library.
- Areas such as group study rooms or restrooms are not appropriate locations for cell phone conversations.
- Library patrons should report loud, disruptive or uncooperative cell phone users to the reference librarian at the 1st floor reference desk.
Adherence to these common courtesies will ensure that we are able to maintain a library environment that is focused on the achievement of academic success.
* The Testing Center cell phone policy may differ.