There are a variety of study areas on the library's first and second floors. The second floor is a quiet study area , no talking allowed. Quiet conversation is permitted on the first floor.
Group Study Rooms and Presentation Practice Rooms
Presentation Practice Room
The Presentation Practice Room may be used by current MCC students, employees and University Center students to create and practice a presentation. Recording, saving, and viewing the presentation are available options. Check out the room key at the circulation desk on the first floor.
- The room may be used by 1-8 people. It is not a group study room; users must need to use the equipment.
- The room may be reserved in advance for one hour, and may be renewed for an additional one hour if no one else has reserved the room.
- To reserve the presentation practice room, visit or call the circulation desk at 762-0403.
Group Study Rooms
Group Study Rooms may be used by groups of at least 2 students for 2 hours. No renewals. Check out the room key at the circulation desk on the first floor.. Check out the room key at the circulation desk on the first floor.
- Locked group study rooms are only available for currently enrolled students at MCC or enrolled in University Center courses.
- Group study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis. Groups may not reserve a room in advance.
- At least two students must be present to check out a study room. Both a Mott ID and a photo ID are required.
- University Center students who wish to check out the room need to show a current Mott Library University Center Card and a photo ID card.
- $5.00 fine will be charged if the key is returned late.
Individual use of a group study room is not permitted.
Locked Group Study Room Capacity
- Rooms 2006 and 2008 are equal in size and seat 2-4 people each.
- Room 2010 is the largest of the locked group study rooms and seats 4-6 people.
- Room 2012 is the smallest of the locked group study rooms and seats 2-4 people.