Music Audition and Scholarship Information
Auditioning students need to request an audition packet as well as schedule an audition time.
Contact the music office at (810)762-0332 to request an audition packet and schedule the audition. Audition packets contain information regarding what is required for auditions for all instrumentalists and vocalist, as well as information on the MCC music program and course offerings.
Fall semester auditions are held in late April/early May, as well as late August/early September. The August/September audition is usually held on the Thursday preceding Labor Day.
Winter semester auditions are held in early January, on the Thursday preceding the first day of classes.
Pieces with piano accompaniment must be performed with accompaniment. An MCC staff accompanist is available at no charge, or you may use your own pianist.
- Scholarship information is included in the audition packet.
- Students should submit a copy of their high school transcript (or college transcript showing their G.P.A.)
- Fill out required fields on the online application if they wish to be considered for a music scholarship
- Students will need to provide information regarding their:
- Previous music experience
- Why they are applying for scholarship funding
- Their future plans in music
After auditions are completed, faculty will discuss the applicant's audition and review the scholarship request. Applicants will be notified of their status regarding acceptance into the music applied program and regarding scholarship eligibility within one week of their audition.