Sample Test for Reading Comprehension
Read the statement or passage and then choose the best answer to the question. Answer the question on the basis of what is stated or implied in the statement or passage.
There are two types of pottery that I do. There is production pottery — mugs, tableware, the kinds of things that sell easily. These pay for my time to do the other work, which is more creative and satisfies my needs as an artist.
The author of this passage implies that:
- artists have a tendency to waste valuable time
- creativity and mass-production are incompatible
- most people do not appreciate good art
- pottery is not produced by creative artists
Sentence Relationships Question:
Two sentences are followed by a question or statement about them. Read each pair of sentences and then choose the best answer to the question or the best completion of the statement.
The Midwest is experiencing its worst drought in fifteen years.
Corn and soybean prices are expected to be very high this year.
What does the second sentence do?
- It restates the idea found in the first.
- It states an effect.
- It gives an example.
- It analyzes the statement made in the first.