Access to Campus Facilities
Most campus buildings and facilities are accessible to members of the campus community, guests and visitors during normal business hours ( 7 am – 10 pm) Monday – Saturday, excluding holidays.
Off-hour access can be obtained through the Department of Public Safety for faculty, staff and certain tenants. Access by students during off-hours is not permitted.
Access to MCC Facilities during Non-Business Hours
Procedure for MCC employee (faculty and staff) access to Mott Community College facilities when the College is closed after business hours, holidays, inclement weather, or other event(s).
Public Safety is responsible for ensuring that all MCC property and facilities are safe and secured when the College is closed after business hours, holidays, inclement weather, or other event(s). The Public Safety Dispatch Log will be used to monitor employee access to facilities during the above stated closures. In extreme circumstances, if conditions are deemed unsafe for any employees, Public Safety maintains the right to decline a request for building access.
- Employees who have access to college facilities (i.e. master keys or other means of access) must notify Public Safety at 810.762.0222 that they are in a facility, and must notify Public Safety when they depart.
- Any Employee wishing to gain entry to a campus building must call Public Safety at 810.762.0222 before arrival to campus. Upon arrival, please report to the Public Safety Department (north of Gorman Science Building) or call for entry. Response time may vary based on emergency needs and officer availability.
- Employee shall provide College ID; photo ID may be requested for verification.
- A Public Safety Officer will record employee name, College ID number and location of building and room number they wish to enter and the estimated time of departure in the Public Safety Dispatch Log.
- Upon verification of College ID, Public Safety will assist employee with access to building and room.
- Employee must notify Public Safety by calling 810.762.0222 when they are ready to leave the facility.
- Employee will ensure that doors are secured upon exiting.
- Public Safety Officer will be responsible for recording employee departure time in the Public Safety Dispatch Log.
- Public Safety will then check to ensure that the building has been properly secured.
- Advance notification of access need can be done in advance via email with the request coming from the Dean or Director of a division or department to the Executive Director of Public Safety.
Maintenance & Security of Campus Facilities
Mott Community College maintains a very strong commitment to campus safety and security.
- Parking lots, pedestrian walkways and building exteriors are very well lighted. Public Safety Officers perform daily checks for broken or burned out bulbs. If you note a lighting deficiency or burned out bulb please call the Office of Physical Plant at (810) 762-5684 (2-5684 on campus phones). Emergency Call Boxes are located in Ramp G and Lots E, and F on the main campus. These boxes are marked by a "blue light". Push the button for assistance from Public Safety.
- Each Main Campus building hallway contains an Emergency Call Box indicated by a "red sign" and this symbol on the main campus maps. Push the button for assistance from Public Safety.