Weather Emergencies / School Closings
If a tornado warning is issued, all students and staff should follow directions given over the public address system and/ or follow directions given by Emergency Response Team members. All Emergency Response Team members wear bright yellow jackets.
Do become familiar with designated storm shelter areas. These are identified in blue on all Campus Maps.
Up-to-date closing information is available from the following sources:
Students, Faculty & Staff (on the mcc.edu domain - email@example.com)
- Review the instructions for College Notification Voice & Text Messaging Options
- Log into MCC4me
- Complete the form to receive notifications through home phone, SMS (Text Messaging), Mobile Phone, or other phone.
- Users are responsible for all charges made by service providers for receiving messages or calls from this system. This system will be tested at least once per semester.
General Public (not on mcc.edu domain - firstname.lastname@example.org ie.: parents, visitors, contractors, and vendors)
- Text message to 226787 and text the keyword MottAlerts20.
- Once that is completed, you have opted into our Emergency Alert Notification System and you will receive all future text message alerts.
College Social MediaFind us on:
Call (810) 232-8989for a recorded message announcing a school closing.
Area radio and television stations will be alertedwhenever a decision is made to close the school.
See the MCC Newsstand for links to local television outlets.
Please do not call the Department of Public Safety with questions about school closings.
This will help keep the dispatchers' lines available to handle emergency conditions and notifications that are required during an unsafe weather condition.