Regional Technology Initatives
The Regional Technology Initiatives (RTI) Office was created to oversee RTC/M-TEC
utilization, investigate, and “incubate” emerging technologies expected to impact
college programming, support the regions’ economic development efforts and develop
strategic partnerships with business/industry and key education partners.
To date, the RTI office has:
- Developed expertise in advanced manufacturing applications such as product lifecycle
management and computer simulation of product and process technologies.
- Managed applied research projects involving medical device development and near-net
shape composite systems.
- Launched the Mott Community College FABLAB-a digital fabrication product development and prototyping lab patterned after the
MIT FABLAB launched in 2001.
- Initiated the Mott Community College Entrepreneurship Microloan Program to provide
low-interest loans to MCC students and alumni seeking to launch or grow small businesses.
- Represented Mott Community College on several boards, including:
- Design and Manufacturing Alliance
- Workforce Intelligence Network
- National Coalition of Advanced Technology Centers
And several other alliances associated with advanced technology deployment.
The RTI office also works with additional MCC departments to package projects under
the Michigan New Jobs Training Program used to fund training programs for companies
creating new jobs in Michigan.
Entrepreneurship Microloan Information
MCC’s Microloan program provides up to $1000.00 for start-up and expansion expenses
to qualified students and alumni, provided their business is within 25 miles of Flint.
Applicants can request a packet on the RTI office in the Regional Technology Center
- Verify eligibility as a MCC student or Alum
- Present a viable business plan to the Small Business Technology Development Center
(SBTDC) for approval
- Apply through the MCC Entrepreneurship Micro Loan Program Loan Review Committee and
submit to a credit check.
If approved, the loan is up to $1000.00 with an 18 month repayment period and an interest
rate as low as five percent.