A Guide to MCC Remote Learning
Online Learning Blackboard and Canvas
Canvas LMS Student GuidesConnect to Canvas
Need a refresher to Blackboard or tutorials? Go to your courses and look for BB-001-W19_20. This is just a refresher and not a required course.Connect to Blackboard
Virtual Desktop / Class Shares
- Connect using a virtual desktop (this is the same as in the computer labs)
Use Academic Lab unless directed by your instructor to use a different desktop
- For directions visit Connecting Remotely to a Virtual Desktop
The Zoom Classroom
- To connect to a your classroom use the invitation/link provided by your instructor.
- Learn more about Zoom
Helping Students ConnectLow-cost / Free Internet
AT&T is waiving internet data overage for customers not already on unlimited home internet plans. Additionally, the company said, its Access program will continue to offer internet data to qualifying limited income households for $10 a month.
Charter to Offer Free Access to Spectrum Broadband and Wi-Fi For 60 Days For New K-12 and College Student Households and More
- Free Access to Spectrum Broadband and Wi-Fi
- To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
Comcast is boosting speeds and offering a free trial for its internet Essentials program,
its low-cost internet service for lower-income customers. Starting Monday, download
speeds go from 15 Mbps to 25 and upload speed from 2 Mbps to 3.
- Comcast Increases Access to and Speeds of Internet Essentials to Support Americans Through Coronavirus Pandemic
To enable our students and employees to be able to access the online learning systems
we are providing the following link to Comcast. Comcast is increasing broadband and offering the internet free for 60 days to low-income
Americans who don't have internet service.
Sprint Responds: COVID-19 Updates
T-Mobile Response to COVID-19 and Supporting Customers
Other Resources / Assistance Available
- Tutoring - online assistance for your class
- MCC help-desk
- MCC4Me - Compass: Presentation how to ask for assistance -raising your hand
- Mott Library
Online Student's Manual for Success
How to Study Smarter, Find a Tutor, and Excel in the Digital Classroom.
Get Microsoft Office 365 for free
You must use your mcc.edu email address
Connect to other tools and resources at MCC
Don't Get Locked Out!
Computing Support Services
Guide to MCC Remote Access Learning Remotely Teaching Remotely Working Remotely Zoom - Cloud Conferencing