Service Learning Syllabus Design
"As a representative of Mott and participating in service learning, I felt I was giving, not only to the community, but back to Mott which has given so much to me." Student
What elements should a Service Learning Syllabus contain?
- Include community service as an expressed goal that are directly connected to the course objectives.
- Describe the nature of the community service or project.
- Specify the roles and responsibilities of students in the service project, (e.g., transportation, time, community contacts).
- Define the needs the service meets.
- Specify how students will be expected to demonstrate what they have learned from the service/project.
- Present course assignments that link the community service and the course content.
- Include a description of the reflective process.
- Include a description of the quality of workmanship expected and how the students work may be publicly showcased.
Awards and Recognition Courses with Experiential Learning Contact Experiential Learning Experiential Learning
July 6, 2018