- Complete all required paperwork before beginning to work, including the Employment
Eligibility Form (Form I-9) and Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (Form
- Successfully complete an online Sexual Harassment Prevention Training tutorial (www.mcc.edu/hr/hr_index.shtml)
within the first two weeks of employment. Upon successful completion, students must
print off the Certificate of Completion and bring it to the Student Employment Center
in PCC 2280.
- Students are responsible for obtaining referrals for each job and each semester they
work. Referrals are to be picked up in the Student Employment Center before the end
of the current semester and prior to the start of the upcoming semester.
- Maintain good standing with the College and Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Abide by the Student Code of Conduct.
- Arrange a work schedule compatible with your class schedule and other responsibilities.
- Assist the employer in maintaining time sheets. Sign in every work day upon arrival
and sign out upon departure using the Daily Attendance Record Form (see Appendix A)
or by using a time clock. Record legibly and accurately all hours worked. Student
employees may not complete another employee's time record. Give the completed time
record to the supervisor for every other Friday, when payroll is due, for the supervisor's
his/her signature. The supervisor will submit the payroll record to the Accounting
Department for payment. Payroll is due every other Friday. A list of payroll dates
can be obtained from the supervisor.
- Be punctual and dependable. Excessive tardiness and absenteeism will result in progressive
disciplinary action, up to and including discharge.
- Notify the employer as soon as possible if absent or for any reason the schedule cannot
be kept for each scheduled work time. Students should ask their supervisor who to
notify first and the chain of command to follow.
- Keep a schedule of pay periods and days paid for reference. Student employees are
not paid for holidays, inclement weather or other times the College is closed. In
the event the College is closed after payroll has been submitted, those reported hours
will be deducted from the next pay period or will have to be made up at the supervisor's
- Notify the employer and stop working the day enrollment status drops below the required
number of credits for any semester if a work study student employee. If a Student
Assistant, see the "Who is Eligible?" section for credit requirements.
- Adhere to all rules set forth by the College and for student employees. Remember,
once students are hired they are bound by the same rules and regulations as other
- Maintain confidentiality! Under no circumstances should personal information about
faculty, staff or students, including home addresses or telephone numbers, be released
to anyone, at any time.
- Student employees are not to access their own records or make changes to their records
or other records unless given permission by their supervisor. Any deviation from this
policy is grounds for immediate dismissal from the student employment program and
subjects the student to criminal proceedings.
- Refrain from making or receiving personal phone calls during scheduled work times.
Give work telephone number and schedule to people for contact in emergencies.
- Refrain from having family or friends visit during scheduled work times. Please avoid
engaging in lengthy personal conversations during work times.
- Dress in appropriate attire considering the type of work conducted. If the student
employee is dressed inappropriately, the employer has the right to express their concern
and ask for the student's compliance which can include dismissing the student from
the work site for that day.
- Participate in the evaluation of work with employer. All student employees are to
be evaluated and should sign the Evaluation Form.
- Give adequate notice to the employer if resignation is to occur. Two weeks notice
- Park in the parking lots or ramps provided for MCC students. Student employees are
not allowed to park in the staff/faculty parking areas during normal business hours
(Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.).
October 17, 2017