The Student Life Center offers students, faculty, and staff a reflection room located in PCC B022, Prahl College Center. The Reflection Room is for individuals wishing to engage in structured or unstructured reflection which could include prayer or meditation. The room may be accessed during the hours of operation for the lower level of the Prahl College Center, which typically are Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm during fall and winter terms.
In the interest of respect and consideration, individuals who utilize the Reflection Room must observe the following guidelines:
- Reservations are for 20 minutes. Use is limited to 20 minutes if others have signed up for the next appointment time.
- During operating hours, the room is dedicated for individuals wishing to engage in structured or unstructured reflection.
- No organized services or scheduled reoccurring events are permitted.
- Sleeping or studying is not permitted in the Reflection Room.
- Users should try to utilize the space in a quiet manner.
- No organized events or services can be held in the Reflection Room.
- The utilization of electronic devices (e.g., computers, cell phone, tablets, etc.) are not permitted in the Reflection Room and should be turned off or silenced before entering.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the Reflection Room.
- Users should return the space to the original set up.
- Users should be considerate in limiting time in the space so other individuals may utilize the space as needed.
- Room furnishings placed in the room must remain in the room.
- The Student Life Center is not responsible for personal belongings left in the space.
- Users who do not comply with this policy will be asked to leave the room by faculty, staff, and/or Mott Public Safety.
Reservations for the Reflection room may be made in the Student Life Center located on the first level of the Prahl College Center in PCC 1240C, or by calling (810) 762-0293 or (810) 762-0417. To guarantee access to the room, reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Students, faculty and staff with College identification cards may utilize the room through drop in hours as long as there is availability by signing in at the Student Life Center.