Tuition Appeal Policy
Students may request a Tuition Appeal due to extenuating circumstances such as military deployment, certain medical conditions, and/or family related reasons, including change in employment.
Please refer to the Tuition Appeal Form for further explanation and a listing of the appropriate documentation required to process your appeal. Forms can also be obtained from and submitted to the Office of , ,
Are you receiving Financial Aid?
Students receiving any type of Financial Aid, including loans, grants and scholarships, should be aware that their account will be reviewed to determine how much financial aid they have earned. Mott Community College will not adjust any tuition charges if aid is earned. Rules and regulations governing Federal Financial Aid programs cannot be waived through a tuition appeal or under any other circumstances.
RestrictionsYou may not submit an appeal if:
- Your issue is related to an academic complaint - these are handled through the Academic Divisions. The process is outlined on the Academic Complaint Procedures page.
- You fail to drop your classes within the add/drop period outlined in the class schedule. You are responsible for knowing these dates and will be obligated to pay any tuition and fees resulting from dropping after the deadline.
- Your Non-payment and non-attendance are not acceptable reasons for a Tuition Appeal. You are responsible for withdrawing from all courses, regardless of attendance.
- You failed to confirm a withdrawal submitted in person or using the online registration system. It is your responsibility to follow-up on all requests and actions.
- Your request is based on acceptance into another school or incarceration – these are not accepted as valid extenuating circumstances.
- If your account is in collections, you must file a dispute with the collection agency.
- It has been over 75 days from the last day of the term in which the course(s) was/were dropped. No exceptions.
- Printed/published material, such as registration forms, guide sheets, class schedule information, web directions and the catalog take precedence over verbal information.
- If filing an appeal for medical reasons, please provide dates of medical treatment, along with a letter from your doctor stating the nature of your condition and what functional limitations exist. Hospital and medical records may be used.
- Filing an appeal does not relieve your current obligation to Mott Community College. You are responsible for all charges assessed on your account pending a decision on your appeal.
- Failure to provide adequate documentation at the time of submission may result in denial of your appeal.
- In addition to providing supporting documentation, you must provide your own explanation as to why you are requesting a Tuition Appeal. Please be thorough.
- All appeals must be signed and dated. A signed application shall act as a student's release of information and consent to review academic, financial aid, registration, medical documentation and other records that are related to the appeal.
- An appeals committee will review the appeals and provide a written response within thirty (30) days. Tuition Appeal Forms can be downloaded here