Become a Peer Tutor
How do I become a Tutor?
- Be enrolled MCC student
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 or above
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills
- Receive a grade of B or better in the selected subjects taken at MCC (certain exceptions may be allowed )
- Receive an Instructor recommendation
Tutors are responsible for providing a welcoming and safe environment for students who need academic assistance. Their primary responsibilities are:
- Attend all scheduled tutoring hours
- Assist students in a drop-in and appointment-based environment
- Participate in periodic training
- Attend mandatory meetings(throughout the semester)
- Additional administrative duties, including program development, leading workshops, marketing tutoring services, etc.
Benefits of Tutoring:
- Paid professional opportunity to help other students succeed
- Build relationships with other Tutors and students at MCC
- Gain job experience with potential for leadership responsibilities
- Develop skills in being a facilitator of learning
- Great experience to put on your resume
- Potential to earn a CRLA Level 1 Certificate as a Peer tutor.
August 29, 2019