Apply for Benefits
First Time Users:
To determine eligibility, you will apply for your veteran benefits through the Department of Veteran Affairs online•. This must be accomplished via the following steps:
- Launch the Veterans Online Application
- Choose the application form that you will submit. Veterans and current military will choose form 22-1990. Dependents of veterans will choose form 22-5490.
- After completing the application, print a copy and submit it via the web.
- Bring a copy to the Veteran Services Office at the main campus located in the Prahl Center.
- Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility, bring this and your class schedule to the Veteran Services Office.
• This may be accomplished in the Veteran Resource Center
To transfer your entitlements to Mott Community College, you will be required to fill out a Change of Program or Place of Training Form and to submit it to the certifying official. This form can be found in the Veteran Services Office or online.
- If you are a veteran fill out VA Form 22-1995 and bring to the Veteran Services Officewith a copy of your class schedule.
- If you are a dependent fill out VA Form 22-5495 and bring to the Veteran Services Officewith a copy of your class schedule.
Comparing Post 9/11 to MGIB
This site provides the availability for you to compare the Post 9/11 GI Bill with the Montgomery GI Bill. It can also answer most FAQ's in-regards to both benefits.