Mott Community College Safe Water Pledge The Aspen Institute Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence Top 150 2019

Apply for Benefits

First Time Users:

To determine eligibility, you will apply for your veteran benefits through the Department of Veteran Affairs online. This must be accomplished via the following steps:

  1. Launch the Veterans Online Application
  2. Choose the application form that you will submit. Veterans and current military will choose form 22-1990. Dependents of veterans will choose form 22-5490.
  3. After completing the application, print a copy and submit it via the web.
  4. Bring a copy to the Veteran Services Office at the main campus located in the Prahl Center.
  5. Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility, bring this and your class schedule to the Veteran Services Office.

 This may be accomplished in the Veteran Resource Center

Transfer Students

To transfer your entitlements to Mott Community College, you will be required to fill out a Change of Program or Place of Training Form and to submit it to the certifying official. This form can be found in the Veteran Services Office or online.

  1. If you are a veteran fill out VA Form 22-1995 and bring to the Veteran Services Officewith a copy of your class schedule.
  2. If you are a dependent fill out VA Form 22-5495 and bring to the Veteran Services Officewith a copy of your class schedule.

Comparing Post 9/11 to MGIB

This site provides the availability for you to compare the Post 9/11 GI Bill with the Montgomery GI Bill. It can also answer most FAQ's in-regards to both benefits.

If you have any questions you can reach the Veteran Services Office at (810) 762-5632.
April 16, 2018
Mott Tree Logo