The Armed Forces offers soldiers, sailors, marines, guardsmen, and airmen up to 100% Tuition Assistance (TA) for college courses taken during off-duty hours.
- TA must be requested through www.GoArmyEd.com prior to the course start date or before the school's late registration period.
- The soldier must speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) within their Military Service prior to enrolling.
- TA will be requested on a course-by-course basis.
- The Soldier will receive a response from GoArmyEd informing them of the approval or disapproval. If the request is not approved, the notification will explain why.
- A TA Statement of Understanding (TA SOU) must be submitted by the Soldier each year. Soldiers in the rank of E6 and below will need their commander's signature. GoArmyEd will send a notice to students 90 days before the due date.
- The Soldier will bring the approval notification in to the Veteran Services Office at Mott Community College in addition to his or her schedule.
- Any changes to the Soldier's schedule (drops, withdrawals, etc.) must be reported to the MCC Veteran Services Office and GoArmyEd. Incomplete classes will result in the Soldier incurring a debt for the TA.
- Soldiers who drop or withdraw from their classes will have their student accounts adjusted according to Mott’s tuition refund policy. Unearned TA funds will be returned to the Military Service.
March 12, 2020