Teen CEO Program
Teens Creating Economic Opportunity (Teen C.E.O.), provides Genesee County youth the opportunity to take a business idea and develop it into a business plan.
The program focuses on entrepreneurial skills, abilities and attitudes; and prepares participants for what is required to become a part of this new economy. The program:
- Provides an entrepreneurial curriculum that gives participants the necessary skills and competencies needed to operate a business including development of the business plan.
- Provides participants with an opportunity to gain additional skills needed to operate the particular selected business through mentorship and job shadowing experiences.
- Develops a Higher Education Career Pathway plan for each participant in the area of business they have identified.
The program is for youth ages 14-18 and runs from June through August. Participants meet four days per week, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. with breakfast and lunch provided.
A “Showcase” event culminates the program providing the students an opportunity to display their businesses to friends, family, area business owners and the public.
Core elements of this program include:
- Developing a business plan
- Creating marketing strategies
- Team building
- Conflict Management
- Developing a budget
- Developing work ethics
- Opportunity to launch business
- 14-18 years old
- Genesee County Resident
- Parent or Guardian must accompany youth to mandatory orientation session