400 General Fund
- The 400 General Fund is unrestricted, from which funds may be utilized college-wide. Gifts to this fund are tax-exempt.
Scholarships may be established in memory of a loved one. Gifts to scholarships are tax-deductible. Examples of such scholarships at MCC are:
- 406 Ruth Kaplan Braun Scholarship
- The Foundation for Mott Community College and the family of the late Ruth Kaplan Braun her husband, Percy Braun, and her daughters, Wendy Braun and Dr. Lisa Braun established the Ruth Kaplan Braun Scholarship for Registered Nursing Students in 1987. The award (spread over three semesters) is for use toward tuition, books and fees, and is awarded to the student of outstanding academic and clinical competence.
- 412 Barbara Stephenson Scholarship
- Barbara Stephenson retired from Mott Community College in 1990. She gave the college and the community 33 years of service, so it is little wonder that her name is familiar to thousands of Mott Community College students and alumni. The scholarship, awarded annually, is for use toward tuition, fees, supplies, and books, and is awarded to an adult MCC student (25 years of age), seeking an associate’s degree in a two-year technical/career program, or may plan to transfer to a four-year institution, or both.
- 414 Kathleen Drummond Scholarship
- Kathleen Drummond’s family, friends, neighbors and colleagues have established a scholarship in her name to commemorate the life of "Kate" and to assist other women to achieve their educational goals. Kate was killed in an automobile accident in March 1991. Throughout her life she was never too busy to give of herself to others. She carried out every aspect of her life with zeal. She was strong but never stubborn, confident but never arrogant, helpful without being condescending, kind and gentle at the same time she was a leader. The scholarship is awarded on a financial need basis to a female student who is 30 years of age or older with children.
- 457 Mathulakshmi (Meera) R. Iyer Tuition Scholarship
- This scholarship has been established by Mathulakshmi (Meera) R. Iyer’s family to celebrate Meera’s life and to help, in a small way, other women to achieve their educational goals. This tuition scholarship is awarded once a year. The same student may not receive it more than twice during their study at MCC. Funds also may be applied towards student and book fees. The student must be a female student, new or current, and must have a financial need.
Other examples of named scholarships and endowments are:
- Adam Ryan McIntosh AKA OPIE Automotive Technology Scholarship Endowment
Akhila & Rajamani Scholarship Endowment
Arlene Martin Kocsis Cosmetology Scholarship Endowment
Celia M. Turner Endowment
Dr. Joyce Toet Scholarship Endowment
Donald E. Ewles Criminal Justice Scholarship Endowment
John K. Krupp, CPA Scholarship Endowment
Keith E. Fulmer Memorial Art & Design Scholarship
And Much More - please see our full list of Available Scholarships
- Mini Grants
- A small fund is available to help eligible students and MCC employees, depending upon
the circumstances. To make application for Mini-Grant funds, print and complete the application, then submit it to The Foundation for MCC, 1401 E Court St., Flint, MI 48503.
Need help completing it? Just call (810) 762-0425.
Comprehensive Scholarship List, Student Eligibility and Scholarship Program Criteria Information: