Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
Phi Theta Kappa is the International Honor Society of the two-year college. Since 1918, Phi Theta Kappa has recognized academic excellence and more than 1.2 million members have been inducted into the society at 1200 colleges in the United States, Canada, U.S. territories and military installations abroad. Some famous alumni include Jeanne Kirkpatrick, former UN Ambassador; H. Ross Perot, entrepreneur and Presidential candidate; Jim Lehrer, host of PBS News Hour; Fred Haise, Apollo-13 astronaut; H Ben Kinchlow, host of 700 Club; and Sela Ward, Emmy Award winning actress.
Benefits of membership in this prestigious organization include:
Alpha Omicron Iota is the local chapter of Phi Theta Kappa at Mott Community College. It was founded on April 10,1989 by Dr. Gail Knapp. To be eligible for full membership in the Alpha Omicron chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, you must be enrolled in a program at Mott leading to an Associate's Degree, have completed 12 credits that count toward the degree, have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, and have full rights of citizenship in your country. Each semester, the chapter advisor and membership coordinator mail invitations to all eligible students giving them information about the next orientation and induction.
Don't quite have a 3.5 yet? No problem! We are always happy to accept provisional members to assist with Phi Theta Kappa projects and events.
- Chapter Advisor: Christine Stoliecki, Political Science, email@example.com
- Chapter Co-Advisor: Robbie Pieschke, English, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chapter President: Louis Taborn
- Vice President of Service: Nicholas Klesz
- Vice President of Development: Andre Dabish
- Vice President of Outreach: Arianna Pittenger
- Vice President of Scholarship: Brenden Rogers
Second Friday of every month:
10:00am - 1:00pm
Member Awards & Scholarships
- Freyda Sugarman - All USA Scholarship Nominee from Mott
- Diane Laski - Michigan Campus Compact Service Award
- Freyda Sugarman - 2013 Breaking Traditions Excellence Award
- Desere Nies - 2013 Michigan Special Populations Association State Award Outstanding Student-Post Secondary